So where are my workspaces??

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Fri Apr 29 21:07:43 UTC 2011

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 15:10:28 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> The idea is that the same workspace would have the same app running in
> it. When you create and delete workspaces as needed, it breaks this way
> of doing things.

	Let me amplify a little. Given that consistency -- forums are
always on a browser in workspace #4, say (except that you don't think of
it as #4, but as "that square there" -- your fingers soon learn to take
you to them, the same way they learn touch typing. That eliminates a lot
of distraction, and lets you work much more efficiently.

	This new thing, no matter how they euphemize it, will turn my
computer into an analog of my physical desktop, on which not even the
gods of chaos can find anything in the paperstorm.

	Take a look at the post by Chris Kloiber, about three hours
before yours.