Fedora 14 , File System Crash - Please Help !!!

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 29 21:54:48 UTC 2011

--- On Fri, 4/29/11, james tate <binarynut at comcast.net> wrote:

> From: james tate <binarynut at comcast.net>
> Subject: Fedora 14 , File System Crash - Please Help !!!
> To: "Fedora Users list" <users at lists.fedoraproject.org>
> Date: Friday, April 29, 2011, 2:27 PM
> Fedora 14 File System crash on
> reboot.
>
> Buffer I/O error on device sda2, logical block
> 20980338  thru 20980346
>
> I tried to run FSCK and it won't fix the problem
> --

A) You tried from booting into level 1 and ran fsck?

B) If you did and it did not work, have you tried from Fedora DVD with rescue options?

If you have tried A), B), I would try booting from PorteusLive RC1 either 486 or x86_64 if you have 64 bit system:

https://porteus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=415

I had something like this happen and I ran porteus and it has a filesystem check at startup and it cured it for me:)

Regards,

Antonio