Automatically added to Bugzilla CC list

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 08:40:31 UTC 2011

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 07:39:31 +0100, P wrote:

> I would like to be automatically added to the CC list for a bug on
> Bugzilla after I report it.

Why?

For bugs you report, your address is added to the ticket in the
"Reported" field.

> However in spite of having in my Bugzilla preferences the setting
> "Automatically add me to the CC list of bugs I change" = "Always",
> automatic adding is not working.
>
> Any ideas?

That setting is unrelated. Its primary use is: if you touch other
people's bugs (e.g. by commenting on them or changing the ticket settings),
you automatically request to be added to Cc, so you can observe subsequent
activity of those tickets.