Network scripts question -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon Aug 1 01:04:42 UTC 2011

On 31/07/11 20:29, Tom H wrote:
> I have one VM on my laptop and two dev boxes - all serving out sshd,
> nfsd, and smbd - on which NM's running with only an ifcfg-lo file.
>
> Furthermore, since the boxes can ping each other and there's one-way
> ssh access, the presence/absence of an ifcfg-* file isn't issue.
>
> I'd focus on troubleshooting sshd on box6.

    I'm not sure how to troubleshoot ssh. The path between the two
    computers is wired, through a Netgear gigabit switch which also
    connects the NFS server, a printer, and the wireless access device.
    The ethernet stuff all seems to work. I've been considering
    switching ports around to get box 6 on a different port ... If it's
    the switch I will have to get another one since I need all the
    ports. Box6 has a gigabit NIC, I could try the slower port on the
    motherboard. But that's assuming a hardware problem which seems
    improbable, though possible.

    Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

    Bob