NFS shared directory permission (rhel6)

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.co.uk
Mon Aug 1 12:57:41 UTC 2011

Around 01:47pm on Monday, August 01, 2011 (UK time), Jatin K scrawled:

> On Monday 01 August 2011 02:18 PM, Steve Searle wrote:
> > Around 09:23am on Monday, August 01, 2011 (UK time), Jatin K scrawled:
> >
> >> what should be the permission of NFS shared directory on RHEL6 ???
> >>
> >> I've shared a directory on rhel 6  ...following are the configuration done
> > You might need to change the firewall configuration on the NFS server.
> > There is more information here:
> > http://www.stevesearle.co.uk/tech/faq.html#nfs0010
> >
> > Steve
> >
> firewall allows NFS connection to server ........ issue is no rw access
> is available on the sharing directory even if the /etc/exports contains
> rw in it

I know. If you read my website it says that the firewall can cause a
file to be read-only. I've had the issue myself. If you feel it's safe,
quickly drop the firewall on the NFS server and see if that cures it.

Steve

--

Website:  www.stevesearle.com
Twitter:  @ReddishShift

 13:55:55 up  5:15,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00