Power Outage, USB drive not mounting

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Aug 1 18:42:12 UTC 2011

OK.  I had this problem back in December and thought I had it all worked
out.

So today I had my first power outage that exceeded my UPS and now I
can't get the external USB drive mounted.

Here is the info:

Server is FC12
USB drive is EXT4 and labeled 2GHJTCB4

It mounts just fine on my notebook running FC14.

I disconnected the drive and rebooted the FC12 server.  I VNCed in as a
user to get the Gnome magic mounting running.  I powered up the drive,
then plugged it in.

Nothing.  It is not showing in either /media or via Palimpsest Disk Utility

I've GOT to get this thing mounted before my wife needs her files on the
drive....

help please (pathetic cry of husband waiting for wife to find out what
else is not right after the neighborhood-wide outage)....