Progress?

夜神 岩男 supergiantpotato at yahoo.co.jp
Tue Aug 2 06:18:17 UTC 2011

On 08/02/2011 04:44 AM, Mike Dwiggins wrote:
> On 8/1/2011 10:05 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
>> On 08/01/2011 09:52 AM, Stuart McGraw wrote:
>>> If complaints were less suppressed here, maybe the situation
>>> could even be turned into a positive...Fedora could perhaps
>>> raise some funds by selling "I survived Fedora-15 T-shirts".
>> <snicker!>
>>
>> I think it says quite a bit about F 15 that such a shirt would be
>> appropriate, although I don't plan to qualify for one.  And, I might
>> add, this will be the first iteration since the infamous F 10 that I've
>> skipped over.
> I for one tried F-15 on one workstation and after two frustrating days
> reverted to F-14.  I am not going to allow F-15 anywhere near my servers.

Wow. The T-Shirt idea got me.

Nice to know that I'm not weird for hopping over F10 and F15.

It could be fun to maintain a historical
   [Awesome <---- OK ----> Sucks]
   [ 5     4      3     2     1 ]
meter of Fedora releases. Certain types of changes come in waves, and
people familiar with the project and developers could look back at
version numbers and the subsystem/interface default changes associated
with them and chart their own desired development course accordingly.

-Iwao