Virtualization

aragonx at dcsnow.com aragonx at dcsnow.com
Tue Aug 2 19:49:45 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I'm looking to setup the following environment:

4 dual-core 2.6GhZ AMD Opteron Processors (64bit)
32GB RAM
2 6TB esata disks (each client needs 3T of space)
4 GB networks
connections (would be nice if I could dedicate one to each client OS)

Starting with Fedora 15 as my host OS.

3 Suse 9.3
clients (running a custom 2.6.28.4 kernel) all running pretty big Oracle
databases.

So, the question is:  Which virtual environment
will run well for this kind of setup?  It looks like my choices are
VIrtualbox (seems to be the current favorite), KVM or Xen.

can install the systems from scratch if required but I also have a ghost
and dumps of other systems that could be used.

Any
recommendations before I start down the wrong path?

---
Will Y.

believed to be clean.