xbmc "Unit akmods.service entered failed state."

oleksandr korneta atenrok at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 04:30:10 UTC 2011

Greetings,

While playing with xbmc on F15 x86_64 my computer completely freezes
after several minutes. There is no reaction to keyboard or mouse events,
I can't even connect trough SSH, only hard reset helps.

After reboot the last thing I see in /var/log/messages from the previous
session is either

systemd[1]: akmods.service: control process exited, code=exited status=128
systemd[1]: Unit akmods.service entered failed state.

or simpy
systemd[1]: Unit akmods.service entered failed state.

The case is very repeatable, Sometimes I survive for longer than 15
minutes, but mostly this happens within several minutes. There is no
particular action that leads to this, sometime the computer freezes
while idling. I have never had anything like that happening with any
other software, and I run lots of various stuff.

Can anyone suggest where do I complain? The xbmc is installed from
rpmfusion, so is akmod-nvidia and xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs. How do I
diagnose this somewhat further to be able to submit more info to devs?

--
regards,
atenrok

I'm running F14 and F15 x86_64, should this matter.

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./