Gnome3 and Cursor Movements

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Aug 3 13:13:19 UTC 2011

On 08/03/2011 05:56 AM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> I find the same behavior. Does anyone know why this is happening?
> It is certainly annoying.

I don't have F 15 and I no longer use Gnome, but I think I can hazard a
guess.  Gnome 3 is probably much more CPU and resource intensive than
Gnome 2 was and your computer is struggling to keep up.  The Gnome devs
have decided how much CPU power and RAM it's reasonable to expect users
to have and coded to that specification.  If your computer doesn't have
what they consider reasonable, or is near the lower edge, things are
going to slow down.  Check at gnome.org and see what they consider
system requirements to be and compare them with what you have.