Network printing in Fedora 15

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Thu Aug 4 14:33:03 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 09:08 -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
> It's one physical printer connected to my desktop and shared by CUPS
> from there. I've got 3 queues on it, two of which are shared (normal,
> and photo for the photo tray). They are on a flat network
> (192.168.0.x)

There's no intention behind it not currently working for you.  I would
expect altering the firewall to do the trick.

What's in /etc/sysconfig/system-config-firewall?  Hopefully there's a
line saying "--service=ipp-client".

Next would be to take a look at the TCP traffic using wireshark, and
check that you are receiving UDP packets on port 631.

After that, ramp up the debugging (with "cupsctl LogLevel=debug2") and
take a look at what gets written to /var/log/cups/error_log when a
packet comes in.

Tim.
*/