No Gnome 3 for me

Arthur Dent misc.lists at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Aug 4 15:39:53 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-08-03 at 22:32 -0700, John Wendel wrote:
> Anybody have a solution for the bug (?) that keeps Gnome 3 from working
> with Nvidia 7300 video cards? Specifically, the keyboard and mouse
> clicks don't work (but ctrl-alt-backspace does).
>
> It's been a while, I thought this would surely get fixed. I'm running
> F15 with the latest updates and the latest Nvidia driver.

I too am interested in this. I have a Dell Dimension E520 with Nvidia
GeForce 7300 LE. I have put off upgrading to F15 on this machine (I have
F15 running on a headless server which has no need of Gnomery) because I
read these threads:

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2011-June/400091.html
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2011-June/398532.html
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2011-July/401484.html

I have not yet seen anything that says it should now be working...

I hope that someone can enlighten me.