system-config-samba

François Patte francois.patte at mi.parisdescartes.fr
Fri Aug 5 13:02:15 UTC 2011

Le 05/08/2011 12:00, gpe a écrit :
> On 05/08/11 10:53, François Patte wrote:
>
>> I try to translate:
>>
>> Authentication error:
>>
>> The permission asked for "org.fedoraproject.config.samba.configure" was
>> not given. The application is going to shut down now.
>>

> The text in english is:
> "The authorization needed for 'org.fedoraproject.config.samba.configure'
> could not be obtained. The application will exit now."
>
>> What does this mean? How to solve the problem?
>>
> It happens for example if you click cancel on the authentication window.
> You have to enter the root password in the Black popup.

Thank you for answering.

If I cancel the window with this message, nothing happens.

> Alternatively you can open up a terminal, became root with su then
> system-config-samba

This works, but poorly: I can add a shares, but only a directory, not a
printer for instance..

Now I have new problems: I tried to use swat. Installed everything,
configure everything (xinetd...) but I cannot connect to swat:

- - with localhost:901, firefox is searching for localhost.com (and fails)

- -with "hostname":901, firefox  is searching for hostname.com (and faisl)

- -with IP:901, I get a message: "connection has been reset... try
again..." and so on.

The port 901 is open according to system-config-firewall (which I cannot
access through System>Admin (like system-config-samba...)

How can I get rid off these "stupid" security setting which are set in a
such a way that you cannot configure anything: they block anything if
you ask for samba, firewall, etc. instead of asking for root password,
and you cannot graphically login as root and.... give message which
cannot be understand.

I stopped Selinux, but nothing has changed up to now.

Using f14

Thanks for (understable) answers.
- --
François Patte