Network printing in Fedora 15

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 5 21:03:44 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-08-05 at 22:06 +0200, antonio montagnani wrote:
> Tim Waugh ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on 04/08/2011 16:04:
> > On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 09:01 -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
> >> I recently upgraded (clean install) my wife to F15 and noticed that
> >> even after I opened up the firewall for printing that it did not auto
> >> detect my printers like it had in F14. Am I missing something or is
> >> this intentional?
> >
> > Could you give a bit more detail?  What printers were you expecting to
> > be auto-detected... are they hosted on CUPS instances on the network, or
> > are they actual network printers?
> >
> > Tim.
> > */
> >

> I have exactly the same problem, printer is not auto-detected, and it is
> detected only if I insert the remote IP.
> I insert the correct driver, but at a certain step when verifying
> printer, I get the message that printer is not available!!
> Firewall is disabled on all network machines.
> What is the starting point to decode the problem (Printer is a HP2350
> all in one)?? Same printer with same driver is working fine if directed
> connected to computer
>
> Tnx
There are 2 secrets that you need to be aware of with printer  browsing.
Only configure the printer on the machine to which it is attached (the
server)
Browsing only works if the printers are on the same LAN

I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net