system-config-samba

François Patte francois.patte at mi.parisdescartes.fr
Fri Aug 5 21:06:42 UTC 2011

Le 05/08/2011 15:33, Aaron Konstam a écrit :
> On Fri, 2011-08-05 at 15:02 +0200, François Patte wrote:

>> was
>>>>

>>> The text in english is:
>>> "The authorization needed for
>> 'org.fedoraproject.config.samba.configure'
>>> could not be obtained. The application will exit now."

>>> It happens for example if you click cancel on the authentication
>> window.
>>> You have to enter the root password in the Black popup.
>>
>> Thank you for answering.
>>
>> If I cancel the window with this message, nothing happens.
>>
>>> Alternatively you can open up a terminal, became root with su then
>>> system-config-samba
>>
>> This works, but poorly: I can add a shares, but only a directory, not
>> printer for instance..
> printers addressed by samba can be added by: system-config-printer

OK! but this does not explain why:

1- why system-config-samba is unable to offer a possibility to add a
printer.

2- why I get this kind of message:

 "PolKit.NotAuthorizedException.org.fedoraproject.config.firewall.auth:"

and how to configure my machine to be able *as root* to access any
services I need!

BTW, it seems that the message is not complete: see the ":" at the end
which could indicate some explanations.

- --
- --
François Patte