Network printing in Fedora 15

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at alice.it
Fri Aug 5 21:16:16 UTC 2011

Aaron Konstam ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on 05/08/2011
23:03:
> On Fri, 2011-08-05 at 22:06 +0200, antonio montagnani wrote:
>> Tim Waugh ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on 04/08/2011 16:04:
>>>
>>> Could you give a bit more detail?  What printers were you expecting to
>>> be auto-detected... are they hosted on CUPS instances on the network, or
>>> are they actual network printers?
>>>
>>> Tim.
>>> */
>>>

>> I have exactly the same problem, printer is not auto-detected, and it is
>> detected only if I insert the remote IP.
>> I insert the correct driver, but at a certain step when verifying
>> printer, I get the message that printer is not available!!
>> Firewall is disabled on all network machines.
>> What is the starting point to decode the problem (Printer is a HP2350
>> all in one)?? Same printer with same driver is working fine if directed
>> connected to computer
>>
>> Tnx
> There are 2 secrets that you need to be aware of with printer  browsing.
> Only configure the printer on the machine to which it is attached (the
> server)
> Browsing only works if the printers are on the same LAN

printers are on the same LAN.
Not clear what you mean by saying that printer must be configured only
on the attached machine: I understand that it should be configured also
on the remote machine (or you mean that it should be left as Raw printer??)

--
Antonio M
Skype: amontag52

Linux Fedora F15 (Lovelock) on Acer 5720

http://lugsaronno.altervista.org
http://www.campingmonterosa.com
http://www.studiodacolpaloschi.it