F15: weird files in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 17:45:37 UTC 2011

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 3:46 AM, Joachim Backes
<joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de> wrote:
> On 08/06/2011 09:11 AM, Tom H wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 2:44 AM, Joachim Backes
>> <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> ifcfg-Auto_abc
>>> <snip>
>>> ESSID="abc"
>>> MODE=Managed
>>> KEY_MGMT=WPA-PSK
>>> SECURITYMODE=open
>>> TYPE=Wireless
>>> <snip>
>>
>> Didn't I tell you that their names pointed to WiFi setups?!
>
> 1. My board, ASROCK ConRoe1333-DVI/H, has no WiFi :-)
> 2. I never inserted a WLAN stick
> 3. lspci:
> 4. lsusb

Could someone else have used your box with a WiFi stick?

Could you have restored these ifcfg files from the backup of a box
that used WiFi?

Was your box built using kickstart and a "%post" script dropped them
into "/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/"?

WAG: Could there be some wired router that you use that requires
authentication and that NM misidentifies as wireless?!