help needed on patitionning

Adam Tong helpcomm at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 6 19:12:10 UTC 2011

Hi,

I cannot install fedora 15 in my new laptop.

the laptop is preinstalled with win7 family edition.

Had only one partition created a new one with a free win software "Minitool partition wizard home edition".

At the time of partitionning during the installation process it blocks giving me a message that it cannot allocate enough free space.

Here is what i see:

sda1  1500 ntfs
sda2 307240 ntfs
sda3 158669 Extended
   sda5  141674 ntfs
   sda6 16992  extended
sda4 9529 ntfs

I choose "create custom layout" then sda3, then selected / as the standard partition mount point

and the exact error messaage is: "Could not allocate requested partitions: not enough free space on disks"

Thank you