Network scripts question -

Adalbert Prokop adalbert.prokop at gmx.de
Sun Aug 7 06:09:34 UTC 2011

Am 31.07.2011 21:36, schrieb Bob Goodwin:

Hi Bob!

>     I can ssh from box6 to box9 but not from box9 to box6. Either one
>     will ping the other, stopping the fire wall does not have any effect.

- Is ssh on box6 running? (# service sshd status)
- On which port? (look in /etc/ssh/sshd_config)
- To which host:port are you connecting using ssh from box9 to box6?
  (box9# ssh -v box6)
- Does the ssh daemon receive the connection on box6? (monitor logs
  in (/var/log/messages)
- Does the firewall on box6 allow SSH connections?
  (iptables -L -n -v INPUT)
- Who resolves box6 into an IP number, i.e. who is the DNS server? Does
  the connection work if you use IPs instead of names directly?

--
best wishes
Adalbert

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.