fc15 automatically re-boots after fc14 to fc15 upgrade

john at mbstemps.com john at mbstemps.com
Mon Aug 8 05:41:06 UTC 2011

Gentlemen,

I did 'yum update'
 'yum install preupgrade'
 'preupgrade'

And then re-booted system, running KDE on a Dell 1501 Laptop;1gb ram, 120GB HD partitioned Win and Fedora; When I do a normal leave and shutdown all goes normally, then it seems at random time the system will be running again and waiting to select the user. I shut down last knight 10 pmish and my wife awoke me at 335am with the system waiting for the selection of user. The only other thing that seems strange is that the time is incorrect, it says 3:38Pm on the 7th and it is 10:40 pm on the 7th and the time and date were set this morning and were correct before system was shutdown. I don't remember seeing any strange messages on the update.

Thank you in advance for your time

John A. Ward
john at mbstemps.com