Suspend Issues or Soft Kernel Locks and no wireless; which is worse?

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Wed Aug 10 14:00:19 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-09 at 23:24 -0400, Eric Griffith wrote:
>  KDE Power Management is set that if
> I close my laptop lid, it should go into sleep mode. When I close the
> lid, I give it a few seconds to enter sleep, and then I open it back
> up. I'm met with a black screen

Just to make sure we check the obvious and the stupid first: I also
thought suspend was not working on my laptop, but I now find that if I
press CTRL-ALT-F1 to switch to the main console after opening the lid,
the password prompt screen appears, at which point I can type my
password and the desktop appears.

--Greg