Qemu and Fedora text install

Lars Bjørndal lars at lamasti.net
Wed Aug 10 18:54:25 UTC 2011

My approach is to install Fedora on to a virtual machine. The host is
Fedora 14, text mode. I'm blind, and because of that, I use BRLTTY, and
no X server or other graphic output. The problem is that anaconda do
switch to graphic mode during the install, and I'm stuck. Here is the
command I've tried:

'qemu-system-x86_64 -nographic\
 -cdrom Fedora-15-x86_64-DVD/Fedora-15-x86_64-DVD.iso \
 -k no  -curses -hda image.qcow2 -m 1024'.

I then quickly did press enter, and typed:

'linux text nomodeset nofb'

However, I get no output while typing, so I'm not sure the keyboard
input is reaching the guest system at all.

Could someone please advice me on how to perform a text install to a
virtual machine?

Regards,
Lars