Growing frustration with Gnome Shell

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Thu Aug 11 17:00:13 UTC 2011

On 08/11/2011 11:52 AM, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
> On 08/11/2011 12:44 PM, Steven Stern wrote:
>> I've been using Gnome Shell since the alphas of F15 and I keep hoping
>> that a few things get fixed.  I don't know if they're general problems
>> or widespread. I've make a point of putting things in Bugzilla.  But, my
>> problems are not going away.
>
> Maybe try another video card (one that uses a different driver).
>
> I haven't experienced ANY crashes of gnome-shell, on 3 test desktops, so
> a stable system is possible.
>
> - Mike

I'm trying not to invest any money in this computer.  It's probably got
a year left in it. The card is fairly standard and I'm using the default
radeon drivers.

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV370 5B60
[Radeon X300 (PCIE)]
01:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV370 [Radeon X300SE]

--
-- Steve