problems with DHCP server / systemd problems

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Thu Aug 11 23:26:50 UTC 2011

On 08/11/2011 06:42 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 17:59:55 -0400
> Claude Jones wrote:
>
>> I left out the main point, the nature of the problem. The server doesn't
>> seem to work, and addresses are not being handed out.
>
> You might try restarting it after the system is well and truly up.
> I have problems with lots of network based services not working
> when I let systemd start them, but if I put code in /etc/rc.local
> to background a command to sleep a few seconds and restart the
> service, everything seems to work fine. (The ypbind service,
> nfs mounts, etc. all suffer from this problem).
>
> My theory is that systemd thinks it is waiting for the network
> to be "up", but whatever is telling the network is up is
> really lying.

  Has anyone got a script which will 'restart' all services which are
targetted to be started at boot - that way we can run the script by hand
in rc.local and make sure anything that systemd broke gets restarted
properly ...

  Better would be to somehow figure out (outside of systemd) which
services are actually not really running - and restart those.

  Please don't say replace systemd with initd ... :-)

  thanks.