sudo a graphical app?

Joel Rees joel.rees at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 01:27:30 UTC 2011

Well, it's not perfect. libflashplayer.so copied into the unprivileged
user's .mozilla/plugins, but ALSA or PulseAudio gags:

[user9 at fed ~]$ bin/localff user9-boxed
non-network local connections being added to access control list
ALSA lib pulse.c:229:(pulse_connect) PulseAudio: Unable to connect:
Connection refused

ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1401:(_snd_pcm_hw_open) Invalid value for card
ALSA lib pulse.c:229:(pulse_connect) PulseAudio: Unable to connect:
Connection refused

ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1401:(_snd_pcm_hw_open) Invalid value for card
ALSA lib pulse.c:229:(pulse_connect) PulseAudio: Unable to connect:
Connection refused

Video seems to work, though.

Joel Rees