problems with DHCP server / systemd problems

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 06:50:16 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Genes MailLists <lists at sapience.com> wrote:
> On 08/11/2011 07:54 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 19:26:50 -0400
>> Genes MailLists wrote:
>>
>>>   Better would be to somehow figure out (outside of systemd) which
>>> services are actually not really running - and restart those.

This little script will check to see if the PID systemd thinks is
supposed to be the main daemon is running and restart it if not:
https://gist.github.com/1141585

>> Unfortunately, most of the services I have problems with appear
>> to be "really running", they just don't work right unless I restart
>> them after the boot :-(.
>

>  Hmm ok ... how about the restart all desired services - probably what
> would happen after a glibc update for example ... maybe systemd has a
> restart all systemctl restart All.units or something

Pull a couple conditionals out of the above script, and you can
restart all services:
https://gist.github.com/1141591

(I don't think you want to restart all *units*, as that would entail
unmounting and mounting!)

Of course, ideally you want to figure out what's really gone wrong and
forego all this band-aid nonsense, but it might help you out in the
interim.

-T.C.