Need Little IT advice here...

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Aug 12 07:33:50 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-08-12 at 00:08 -0500, Manuel Escudero wrote:
> The xguest solution was the thing I needed... (Thanks BTW!) Now
> a little question: How can I customize the xguest account and then
> freeze it again? I mean, if I wanna change the wallpaper or something
> in the apps configuration, How can I do it and then freeze the account
> again so the user won't be able to touch it?

It's better if you reply to the person's mail who told you about that,
rather than someone else's mail in the thread...  It makes it much
easier to follow a train of thought, and easier to get further advice
from the person who suggested it.

Throwing more information into the ring:  What you're trying to do is
often called "kiosk mode," so that's something else you can google
about.  That, and customising kiosk mode.  Or googling customise xguest,
if that's the specific route you want to take.

e.g. Extrapolate from this:
http://forum.mandriva.com/en/viewtopic.php?p=779617

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r