Broadcom 4311 went missing?

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Fri Aug 12 15:51:48 UTC 2011

On 08/12/2011 09:00 AM, Peter Reed wrote:
> You might want to check out this page on linux wireless:
> http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43

Fascinating page.  Just when I thought I had simplified what to do, this
complicates things again with another choice.  B^)

> I think you need to install the firmware for that chip.  The method used is on
> the above page.  I have never used the RPMFusion method so I can not comment
> on that, but with the information on this page I was able to get my b43 chip
> working properly.

Unfortunately, in order to use this page, I need to be able to see my
hardware with lspci, but that is one of my problems.  lspci no longer
shows me the Broadcom 4311 chipset!  My question has be to:

	Where did it go????
	What happened to it??
	Why can't lspci find it anymore?

--