f15+Gnome3: how to put on desktop an applet for see cpu and network usage

Mark Eggers mdeggers at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 04:08:11 UTC 2011

On Fri, 27 May 2011 14:43:49 +0200, Dario Lesca wrote:

> Hi, on my f14 I had place on my panel the system monitor, witch show me
> the CPU and network usage.
>
> How to do that into F15+Gnome3?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> --
> Dario Lesca <d.lesca at solinos.it>

If you're not married to the idea of an applet, I find that gkrellm works
well.

Once you launch it, you can alt-right-mouse and select Always on Visible
Workspace.

I watch CPU, processes, disk I/O, network I/O, memory/swap, GPU
temperature, and new mail. I could watch a lot more (gkrellm is highly
configurable).

. . . . just my two cents.
/mde/