Samba asking for authorization to browse suddenly

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Tue Aug 16 01:58:51 UTC 2011

On Monday, August 15, 2011, Craig White wrote:
> I don't know that Windows 7 is capable of accessing 'share
> mode' but this page should prove useful in any event...
>
> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7

Well, as I said in my original post, I have no problems accessing
the shares on my Fedora box from Win7 machines on my network.

I just can't get past a dialog box asking me for the workgroup
password when I try to access my network from Fedora. This was all
working just fine a few weeks ago. I didn't change anything about
my configuration, so I have to assume some update changed
something...

I'll look at that page...
--
Claude Jones