Dual monitors on Radeon 5770 with fc15

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 14:49:40 UTC 2011

Hi,

> Try this:
> http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=263632
> or this
> http://www.multimediaboom.com/install-ati-video-drivers-in-fedora-15/

Yes, it does look like the default xorg ati drivers don't support this
card, so I'm investigating the third-party drivers. A few more
questions.

- Has AMD bought ATI? It seems there are several references to drivers
available for download from AMD.
- Do you know how the Radeon and Catalyst models relate? Can I follow
the instructions available for installing Catalyst cards for use with
Radeon cards?
- When I try to install the RPMFusion packages, I get the following error:

rpm -Uvh  http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-rawhide.noarch.rpm
  http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-rawhide.noarch.rpm
Retrieving http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-rawhide.noarch.rpm
Retrieving http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-rawhide.noarch.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
        system-release >= 16 is needed by rpmfusion-free-release-16-0.1.noarch
        system-release >= 16 is needed by
rpmfusion-nonfree-release-16-0.1.noarch

I followed the directions from here:

What am I missing?