Dual monitors on Radeon 5770 with fc15

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 15:10:28 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 7:49 AM, Alex <mysqlstudent at gmail.com> wrote:
> - Has AMD bought ATI? It seems there are several references to drivers
> available for download from AMD.

Forgot to mention that the driver from RPMFusion is exactly the same
as the one available for download from AMD/ATI, just packaged such
that installation on Fedora is painless.  Trying to use the stock ATI
driver is much more difficult to get going.

> - Do you know how the Radeon and Catalyst models relate? Can I follow
> the instructions available for installing Catalyst cards for use with
> Radeon cards?

Radeon is the name of ATI/AMD's line of graphics hardware.  Catalyst
is the name of their driver software.  You use Catalyst drivers with
Radeon hardware.

-T.C.