what triggers wakeup from suspend?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Aug 17 15:17:34 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-08-17 at 09:30 -0500, Chris Adams wrote:
> on desktops, there is usually a BIOS screen for what type of events
> can wake the system (PS/2 keyboard, USB device, LAN, alarm, etc.).

And there may be jumpers on the motherboard to set which devices are
still powered up in standby mode.  If the keyboard's plugged into a port
that's totally shut down, in standby mode, the keyboard is not going to
be able to be used to wake the computer back up again.

I doubt any non-desktop computer would have jumpers for that, but may
have the same limitation:  That something might be completely powered
off, and the keyboard circuitry might be considered too much of a power
drain to be left running, opting for the simplicity of whatever monitors
just the power button.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686