telnet on local LAN question

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Aug 19 03:03:21 UTC 2011

On 8/18/2011 1:48 AM, Tim wrote:

> Well, your original post had two sets of IPs mentioned:
>
>    192.168.10.x  and 192.168.2.y
>
> Did a typo creep in, so they should have all started with 192.168.2 and
> only the last quad was unique for each device?

TYPO !!! My apologies, I did a proof read and didn't see it. My net is
all 192.168.2.x

>> FQDNs ???
> Fully qualified domain names, as opposed to shortened hostnames.

I wish I could say "I should have known that", but reading your
definition makes me acknowledge that I didn't. I appreciate the time and
the extra detail in the explanation.

>> What do I need to clear up?
> Probably, in this instance, exact examples of the names and IPs that
> you're trying to use.

Once I do the next round of texts based on new information, I will be
more through in the material I provide to this forum ... I was trying to
avoid excessive verbosity which, given some typos, probably didn't help
my cause

Still digesting emails and googling for more based on content of the
mails, hope to test tomorrow

Paul