Booting Fedora-Live from USB device.

Paulo paulopaulini at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 06:25:35 UTC 2011

---------- Mensagem encaminhada ----------
From: james tate <binarynut at comcast.net>
To: Community support for Fedora users <users at lists.fedoraproject.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 12:03:40 -0400
Subject: Re: Booting Fedora-Live from USB device.
 On 08/18/2011 11:45 AM, Paulo wrote:

Hello All.

I can't boot Fedora-Live from my USB device.

I have a Dell XPS Notebook with the configuration below:

Chipset Intel + i7-2620M 2.7-3.4 GHz + 8 GB RAM.
2 Video Graphic Adapters (intel HD 3000 + nVidia GeForce GT525M 2GB DDR3).
2 USB 3.0 + 1 USB 2.0 (bootable).
Etc

I got the Spin Fedora-15-Live-Security and made a boot-USB-drive using the
LiveUSB-Creator in my ...(ops) Windows-7.
The LiveUSB-Creator worked fine and built the structure correctly.
But when I tried to boot it the BIOS said: "MISSING OPERATING SYSTEM".

WTF I made wrong ???
Why my BIOS can't see the Operating System on USB-Drive ???

Thanks All.

 check your BIOS and see if your computer has usb capabilities , and if they
are enabled at boot time.

Hi James.

Of course man..
My system is the last one notebook product from Dell (product launched at
may/2011).
It has the USB capabilities and all USB ports enabled at boot time (chipset
Intel).
It works fine with windows-7.
My problem is when i try to boot Fedora from USB.

Do something envolved "olpc.fth" script for USB boot may be ???
"olpc.fth" was generated by LiveUSB Creator.

Thanks again...