Progress and advice so far

Lars Eighner topper at larseighner.com
Sat Aug 20 08:26:18 UTC 2011

On Sat, 20 Aug 2011, Tim wrote:

> I think a language barrier came across in your message.  Did you mean
> it's also not installing which and apropos commands?  Or did you mean
> they're not useful until an updatedb has been run?

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different
results.

I've done 4 or 5 various installs today, and at least one of them did not
include 'which' - perhaps it was the minimal one. Apropos seemed to work in
all of them but was not very helpful.  locate has been the most helpful so
far.  If you know part of the name of just one console font, locate will
help you find where the rest of them are, and so forth.

--
Lars Eighner
http://www.larseighner.com/index.html