Console broken since F10

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 23:06:10 UTC 2011

On Sunday 21 August 2011 21:44:27 Lars Eighner wrote:
> I find bug reports back at least as far as Fedora 10 indicating console
> resolution has been broken (by setting an unreadable resolution in the
> kernel) since at least Fedora 10.
>
> What was the last release of Fedora in which the console actually worked?

As far as I know, it always worked, and still does. It's just that since
F10/F11 the KMS became the default (depending on hardware and driver
capabilities). If you turn it off (nomodeset), the old console you wanted is
still there, and always was.

But why have you started three threads on the list about this one single
topic?

HTH, :-)
Marko