Kdenlive: MLT's SDL Module....

Manuel Escudero Jmlevick at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 23:07:17 UTC 2011

2011/8/21 Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com>

> On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 3:27 PM, Manuel Escudero <Jmlevick at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I "fixed" the problem few minutes later of sending the message to the
> list,
> > it seems that by running:
> > sudo yum downgrade mlt mlt-python mlt-devel
> > The problem fixes "magically"... I say "fixed" beacuse downgrading is
> never
> > the right option, but for anyone like me who uses Kdenlive on a daily
> basis
> > its a little way to "patch things up"
> > Hope someone find this useful, had to run some experiments in order to
> > find the "right mix".
> > Have a nice day.
>
> I'm not sure if you ever went to the link I provided but a manual fix
> was posted a little while ago. The problem appears to be with kdenlive
> and a bug has been opened for it upstream.
>
> Richard
> --

Yep, just saw that, but in my case, after doing the downgrade and following
the "first configuration assistant" When Kdenlive opened, I closed it and
then I did a
"sudo yum -y update" wich gave me the lastest MLT packages and Kdenlive
0.8-1
continued working normally, so I didn't had to do the manual fix, Thanks.

--
Manuel Escudero
Linux User #509052