Personal VPN on Fedora

Manuel Escudero Jmlevick at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 08:04:09 UTC 2011

2011/8/22 admin lewis <adminlewis at gmail.com>

> 2011/8/20 Manuel Escudero <Jmlevick at gmail.com>:
> > Hi there:
> >
> > I was wondering if is there something like Hotspot Shield or TunnelBear
> for
> > Linux
> > or if not, How can I easily mount a VPN connection in Fedora?
> > Have been reading a lot, but it's quite difficult :S
> > OpenVPN is too difficult to Setup and Tor is not what I'm looking for.
> > Any advice?
>
> Try to download/install some gui for openvpn
>
> openvpn-admin.noarch : OpenVPN-Admin is a multiplatform GUI for OpenVPN.
> stonevpn.noarch : Easy OpenVPN certificate and configuration management
>
> to install (from root):
> # yum install openvpn-admin
>
> then configure openvpn from gui.. anyway openvpn is the easiest way to
> connect a vpn..
> dont forget u can connect to a vpn by the NetworkManager too
> cheers
> lewis
>

> --
> my blog - http://predellino.blogspot.com/
> --

VPN Mounting on fedora is a little painful... Using any method.
At the end I found what I needed but it just seem to work in Ubuntu
and not in Fedora. However, As I'm going to recieve some "Acer Aspire
Revo" PC's (one for personal use) to transform them into different kinds
of Linux Servers, I decided that Mounting an OpenVPN installation "for once
in a lifetime"
in order to use it whenever it is needed is worth the time it requires,

Thanks!

--
Manuel Escudero
Linux User #509052