ugliness fatal to yum

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 21:53:08 UTC 2011

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 16:36:58 -0500 (CDT), MH (Michael) wrote:

> yum 'gstreamer-plugins-ugly'
> I get

Subject line is poorly chosen. You face a problem with rpmfusion unless
you can be certain it is a problem in Yum instead. But let's see:

> GPG key retrieval failed: [Errno 14] Could not open/read
> file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-rpmfusion-free-fedora-14-i386
>
> Here is the content of the aforementioned directory:
> [root at localhost rpm-gpg]# ls -F
> RPM-GPG-KEY-adobe-linux        RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-i386@
> RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora@            RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-sparc@
> RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-13-SPARC    RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-sparc64@
> RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-14-primary  RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-x86_64@
> [root at localhost rpm-gpg]#
>
> I suspect that this is easy, but only for someone who knows how.

How did you install the "rpmfusion-free" repository?
Did you install the rpmfusion-free-release package?
(try  rpm -q rpmfusion-free-release  to test whether it is installed)
(if it is installed, verify the package: rpm -V rpmfusion-free-release
Else:

rpm -ivh http://download2.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/updates/14/i386/rpmfusion-free-release-14-1.noarch.rpm

It contains the needed key files.