Embedded PDF in Firefox

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sat Aug 27 22:16:19 UTC 2011

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 05:22:08PM -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> I have mozplugger-1.14.2-1.fc15.x86_64 installed (so I can run 32-bit
> Flash with 64-bit Firefox).  Mozplugger also is supposed to support
> embedding PDF displays in a Firefox tab with evince or Adobe Reader, but
> in my browser, following a link to a PDF results in a window with blank
> content.

FWIW (I'm not currently running fedora, but Centos) I don't even have
mozplugger installed (or at least about:plugins doesn't show it) but
pdf files work fine using nppdf.so as the PDF plugin. They appear
right inside a firefox window/tab.

As far as I recall, F14 on my eeepc did the same.

Fred

                      The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
                    keeping watch on the wicked and the good.