Port Question

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 06:59:42 UTC 2011

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 1:14 AM, Mike Dwiggins <mike at azdwiggins.com> wrote:
> On 8/27/2011 5:10 AM, Tom H wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 6:42 AM, Mike Dwiggins<mike at azdwiggins.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Does there exist a command or command string that will examine a Port
>>> and report what application is locking that port?
>>
>> "netstat -ntulp" will output port, pid, and executable.
>
> Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.

You're welcome.

Someone once posted a script to one of the lists to which I subscribe
that output a "clean" list of ports and daemons. I've been trying to
remember where and when. I've narrowed down the list to debian-user or
ubuntu-users because I remembered yesterday "dpkg ..." being used for
some reason. I can't remember whether it was 6 months ago, 1 year ago,
2 years ago, ... but it'll come at some point. :)

If I find the thread, I'll post a link; you might find it handy.
You'll just have to replace the "dpkg ..." statements with their "rpm
..." equivalents.