F15 Upgrade kernel won't run.

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 04:36:20 UTC 2011

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 8:57 PM, Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> wrote:
> On 08/28/2011 08:45 PM, Kam Leo wrote:
>> By the way, the requirement for a larger /boot partition came about
>> because files for preupgrade need to be stored there. It was a new
>> requirement; one that the program should/could have checked to see if
>> the requirement was met.
>
> And so it did.  It checked how much room there was, compared that to its
> minimum requirements and exited with an error message, unless my
> memory's wrong.  What else did you expect?

Your memory is faulty.  In the beginning program did not.

A little reminder from Fedora List, 11/17/09, "F12 upgrade needs more
space for /mnt/sysimage/boot" thread, Frank Cox wrote:

"It doesn't for me.  I have exactly this problem trying to run preupgrade on my
Acer Aspire One.  It goes through the whole production, downloads everything
and at the end it tells me that I need 1.5mb more space in /boot.  My only
options at that point are "check again" and "quit".  If I quit, it's game
over.  Running preupgrade after that tells me that everything is ready,
reboot.  If I do so, grub takes me right back into Fedora 11.  The only entry
in grub.conf is the single kernel that I have left on that machine; there's
nothing else that I can see that I could remove from /boot to gain 1.5mb."