Fedora-15-x86_64-netinst on Dell XPS-15z (To Michael Dinon) (again)

Paulo paulopaulini at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 09:15:41 UTC 2011

From: Michael Dinon <mdinon at gmail.com>
To: Community support for Fedora users <users at lists.fedoraproject.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:16:39 -0700
Subject: Re: Fedora-15-x86_64-netinst on Dell XPS-15z (To Michael Dinon)

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 4:07 AM, Paulo <paulopaulini at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
Hi Paulo,

Unfortunately I don't know anyone with that hardware.  I found this
discussion which you might find helpful
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19382036.aspx.
It looks like booting with acpi=off or acpi-noirq helped.  Sorry I couldn't
be of more help.  Good luck,

--
Mike

Hello Mike !!!

YES ... BINGO... Great Mike. Thanks, thanks, thanks...

The solution to my problem is "acpi=off" kernel parameter.

I installed the Fedora-15-x86_64 on my Dell XPS-15z and it is working FINE.

Please Mike tell that to the people that use Dell XPS like me.

Great Mike... Thank you so much again man... Bye.