mount ntfs, then nfs export it - empty folder shown on client

Sam Sharpe lists.redhat at samsharpe.net
Mon Aug 29 14:14:54 UTC 2011

On 29 August 2011 14:22, David Timms <dtimms at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> I setup nfs export of /home/ to 192.168.16.104
> Client:
> - ip=192.168.16.104
> - mount -t nfs4 192.168.16.111:/ /home/dtnotebook/

> - ls -l /home/dtnotebook
> shows the folders including c-drive that are present on the server

> - ls -l /home/dtnotebook/c-drive
> shows no files nor folders present.

There are two relevant options for /etc/exports, but I will quote
directly from man(5) exports about crossmnt - you can investigate
nohide if you wish yourself.

crossmnt

This option is similar to nohide but it makes it possible for clients
to move from the filesystem marked with crossmnt to exported
filesystems mounted on it. Thus when a child filesystem "B" is mounted
on a parent "A", setting crossmnt on "A" has the same effect as
setting "nohide" on B.

--
Sam