Kernel bug ?

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Mon Aug 29 14:34:12 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-08-28 at 13:23 -0600, linux guy wrote:
> I get the following when I boot F15 on my Dell Duo.
>
> kernel BUG at drivers/media/media-entity.c 346!
> invalid opcode: 0000 [#1] SMP
> Modules linked in: snd_hda_codec_conexant uvcvideo(+) microcode(+)
> snd_hda_intel(+)....
>
> It goes on from there, including a Call Trace.

Did you get this problem after doing an install, or has this system been
running for few days/weeks/months then just started?  Did you install a
new rpm (via from updates and/or testing) or build/compile new kernel
from source?  And what kernel are you using?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best town on Earth!"