GNOME 2 on Fedora 15

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Aug 30 00:08:40 UTC 2011

On 08/30/2011 12:46 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 08/29/2011 03:36 AM, Frantisek Hanzlik wrote:
>> Personally I'm now using XFCE.
> As am I.  I  wonder how many people are walking away from Gnome because
> they don't want to use a UI designed for a tablet on their desktop or
> laptop?
What makes you say its designed for tablets? Its design seems far less
suitable for a tablet than a desktop. The need to grab an exact pixel
row, for example, is very hard to do unless you are sitting at a desk
with a good quality mouse.

Gnome 3 throws out every ergonomics design guideline I've ever seen. Its
like an exercise in what not to do. Its bizarre.

Steve