pstotext ???

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Tue Aug 30 04:51:54 UTC 2011

On 29Aug2011 12:38, james tate <binarynut at comcast.net> wrote:
| On 08/29/2011 12:04 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
| >Am 29.08.2011 17:45, schrieb james tate:
| >>Fedora 15
| >>
| >>I downloaded and installed  pstotext-1.9-2mamba.i586 and get a Error
| >>message;
| >>
| >>GPL Ghostscript 9.02: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
| >this is not a fedora-package
| >
| >"poppler-utils" contains "pdftotext" and "ps2pdf" is in the
| >ghostscript-package - why are you installing some foreign
| >packages when all tools are included?
|
| I did not know about poppler-utils .

FYI, I wrote this extremely dumb "text from PostScript" script.
Crude, but not utterly ineffective, and it doesn't need much in the way
of other tools.

  http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/bin/unps

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Wagner's music is better than it sounds.        - Mark Twain