GNOME 2 on Fedora 15

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Tue Aug 30 20:31:28 UTC 2011

On 08/30/2011 12:41 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 08/30/2011 12:30 PM, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
>> XFCE:
>> 1) Does XFCE allow creation of new panels, left/right/top(or bottom)
>>      with features such as hiding panels which appears only when the
>>      mouse is moved into the screen edges?
> Yes, it does.  From the Main Menu, go to Preference, Panel.
I finally figured it out, and it works by chosing the 'fixed' mode.
The tricky part was getting the workspace 'centered' with help
of the spacer, expanded option.  I was able to get Firefox and
Thunderbird around the workspacer.

One other issue though, how can I get more workspaces given
only 4 x 1 by default - the only option I have is to add more rows,
not more columns...  I prefer a 10 x 1 format.

Thanks!