Upgrading via DVD iso on a USB storage device.

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Aug 31 13:08:21 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-30 at 17:27 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Another thing to keep in mind is that you can not save the DVD image
> to a FAT formatted file system. It is too big.

I nearly did that the other day, but there was something in the back of
my mind saying not to try it, couldn't recall at the time.  You
sometimes forget about the serious limits of an old file system that you
don't really use any more, except for the odd USB flash drive.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.